1 – Description
Our experience has thought us that there are no “one size fits all” model that provides the best outcome on creating solutions.
Several elements have a decisive impact on the best approach: organisation goals, methodology, engagement model, executive endorsement, empathy between Teams, sector of the organisation, technical integration with internal/external services or processes, etc…
Having that in mind we decided that the “one size fits all” is the best approach, so we always start our processes applying our unique size approach of understanding with the Customer who they are, who we are, whats the project, for whom is it directed to, how best can our teams engage.
2 – Engagement Options
2.1 – Direct with the Business Product Owner
- Our Control Team (business/functional member + technical architect) interact directly with the Internal Business representatives (usually an appointed PO). The requirements and expectation management are performed directly by our Control Team.
- Usually in this scenario we introduce and manage the methodology, offloading that effort from the Customer.
2.2 – Operations or IT department interfaces the engagement
- Our Control Team interact with the Operations or IT Department. The interaction, requirements gathering and expectation management with the Internal Business representatives are managed by the Operations/IT. Our team assists providing all the necessary information and data on the ongoing process.
- Usually in this scenario the methodology and information to relay internally are defined by the Operation/IT department.
2.3 – Joint Operations/IT and Peaceful interface with the Business Product Owner
- The project interactions are performed in coalition between Operation/IT department, our Control Team and the Internal Business representatives. The requirements and expectation management are performed in conjunction between Operation/IT and Control Team.
- Usually in this scenario the methodology is discussed and aligned between Operation/IT Department and our Control Team.
3 – Advantages
- Team size flexibility (ex: Project mode with a full team deployed, relay to a couple of resources in corrective maintenance, increase to a full blown team when another project is defined and ready to start)
- Multi disciplinary Team (Expert technical consultants, functional/business consultants, UX/UI specialists access, …)
- Communication easiness (good English spoken capability of the resources for international engagements, good relational skills as Portuguese are broadly accustomed of having other nationality citizens both in our universities as tourism wise)
- Capacity to adjust to your process (governance model, preferred methodology, management reports, etc…)